This was another recipe I found in an Inspire magazine that is available free in a grocery store where I live.
- 1/2 package of puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup of almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sugar + 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups blueberries, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Roll out pastry into a 12×12 inch square. Fold in edges to make 1/2 inch border. Transfer to a baking sheet.
2. Mix chopped almonds, 1/4 cup sugar and the flour in a small bowl. Sprinkle over puff pastry. Spread 2 cups of blueberries on top and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
3. Bake 20 min or until edges brown. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
Verdict: I thought there was something missing from this recipe. While the blueberries and almonds were good together, I wish that the recipe overall had a deeper flavour. Thinking about flavours that go well with blueberries, I am not sure what I would add (white chocolate? Nutmeg? Lemon?) but I think something should be.