I found this recipe in a magazine called Inspire, which is handed out free at a grocery store where I live.
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, cumin and coriander (we didn’t use cumin)
- 8 chicken thighs (we used 4 chicken breasts instead)
- 1/4 cup of canola oil (we used just enough to coat the base of the skillet)
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl, mix together salt, cumin and coriander. Rub into both sides of chicken. Brown chicken 3-5 min on each side.
2. Transfer chicken to an oven dish and bake 20-25 min or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine raspberries, water, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Simmer over medium-low heat, mashing raspberries with form until they breakdown and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve over chicken.
Verdict: Although we followed the recipe exactly as above for the sauce, ours never really thickened. I also found it a little too sweet when paired with chicken (and rice, which we served with the meal). I was also not too fond of all of the raspberry seeds.