This is a Kraft recipe.
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 package (300g) chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Heat oil and unsweetened chocolate in a square oven pan, in the oven, for 4 min, or until chocolate is melted. Stir until blended.
3. Add all other ingredients except the chocolate chips and stir until well blended. Stir in half the chocolate chips. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
4. Bake 30-35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
Verdict: This wasn’t my favourite cake recipe. I was hoping for the cake to really have a nice chocolate flavour, but there really wasn’t enough of it. The cake was also super dense.