I am not sure where I originally found this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare muffin moulds and set aside (we made 24 muffins).
3. Whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time. Add vanilla.
5. Add flour in 2 batches, alternating with milk.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 min or until cake tester (in our case a chopstick) comes out clean.
Verdict: As the name says, these tasted like chocolate chip cookies. I wish there had been more of a cake feeling in the texture of the cupcakes. They didn’t really rise all that much and were a little dense.