This is another Kraft recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 7)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 300g package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Add bananas and vanilla. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the sour cream.
4. Pour half the batter in a 13×9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half over the batter in the pan. Top with half the chocolate chips. Repeat layers.
6. Bake 50 to 55 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
Verdict: This wasn’t my favourite recipe. Banana based recipes are kind of hit or miss with me. I love some and in others I find the banana way too overpowering, as was the case here (although 7 bananas should have given me that hint). I also found the texture of the cake to be a little odd and the centre layer of chocolate chips really not needed.