This is another Kraft recipe.
- 1 package Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 package Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup toasted pecans, divided (we used walnuts, but not the whole amount)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter for 3 minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended.
3. Whisk eggs, 2 cups of sugar, coffee and vanilla in a large bowl until blended. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Add in flour and baking powder. Stir in 3/4 cup of the nuts (this was all we used). Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake 45 to 50 min or until toothpick comes out with fudgy crumbs.
5. Meanwhile, heat water, corn syrup and remaining sugar in a sauce pan on high heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is a deep amber. Remove from heat and cool 1 minute. Slowly add whipping cream. Whisk in sour cream. Cool until blended.
6. Pour caramel sauce over brownies. Spread to cover. Sprinkle with remaining nuts (we did not). Refrigerate 2 hours.
Verdict: Well, these brownies were a complete failure. I am not sure why, because it looked like they would be a nice and rich brownie. But when we pulled them from the fridge they were frozen solid and not any amount of thawing helped.