I found this recipe in the French language Metro newspaper.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon
1. Preheat oven’s broiler.
2. Wash potatoes. Prick with knife. Cook in microwave 8 to 9 minutes or until done (we baked ours in the oven).
3. Cut each potato in two, lengthwise. Scoop out the majority of the insides, leaving a small amount.
4. Oil the potato (inside and out). Place them on a baking sheet.
5. Evenly distribute cheese, shallots and bacon over the 8 pieces.
6. Broil 1 to 2 min.
Verdict: These were very easy to make and very good. But, then again, how can potatoes, cheese and bacon go wrong? Perfect side dish to a hamburger!