This is another Kraft recipe.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (we used walnuts)
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar (we topped our cake with chocolate icing instead)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix together the cake mix, instant pudding powder, eggs, sour cream, water and oil. Add the brown sugar and nuts.
3. Pour into a fluted Bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Bake 1 hour or until chopstick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes before inverting cake onto a wire rack or serving dish (we had a slight mishap on this step and what is meant to be the top of the cake was ruined as it stuck to the pan. So we flipped it back around so the top part while baking was the top part on the dish. It kind of looks odd). Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
Verdict: This was a good cake, but I think that was mainly because of the box mix used. I didn’t really feel like the added ingredients had much of an impact on the taste of the cake. I would also recommend not using the nuts, as I thought texture wise they didn’t belong.