I found this recipe online, though I am not sure where.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin cups (the original recipe said 12, but we are always able to get 24 when we use a box cake mix to make cupcakes and this recipe was no different).
2. Mix together the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and coconut extract until smooth. Stir in the flaked coconut.
3. Divide the batter evenly amongst the muffin cups. Bake 15-18 minute.
Verdict: This was a very easy and delicious way to add a different flavour to a box cake mix. I love coconut and loved the coconut taste you got with these cupcakes.