This is another Kraft recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 squares of Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat egg, mayonnaise and bananas in a large bowl with a whisk until blended. In a medium bow, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add to the banana mixture and stir until just moistened.
3. Pour half the batter into a medium bowl. Add the chocolate to the mixture in the medium bowl. Spoon batters alternately into a 8×4 inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Swirly gently with a knife.
4. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes of until toothpick comes out clean.
Verdict: I found this banana bread a little too dense and with not a whole lot of flavour (which is odd because banana is usually one of those flavours you can’t miss).