While my sister and I liked he S’more Squares I made a little while ago, we both agreed that it could do with some minor tweaking. After talking about the changes we wanted to make, we gave our new version a try.
- 1 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 3-4 Graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups Cool whip, divided
- Large marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix together the Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups of the milk and the chocolate pudding mix. Beat for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 1/2 cup of the whipped cream. Spread over crust.
4. Place broken Graham cracker pieces over the chocolate layer.
5. In another bowl, mix together 2 cups of milk and the vanilla pudding mix. Beat for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped cream and spread over the Graham cracker pieces.
6. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
7. Set oven to broil. Place marshmallows on top of the vanilla layer. Broil for 1 minute or until marshmallows are golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Leftovers must be refrigerated.
Verdict: This is definitely a sweet dessert. Between the two, I preferred this version maybe because I like Graham crackers more than the Nilla wafers. I also like that we added whipped cream to the chocolate pudding layer, so that there was more of a chocolate taste.