This is a Kraft recipe.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 250g mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted (we didn’t toast ours)
1. Mix 3/4 cup of the butter with the Graham crumbs and press onto the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan.
2. Bring remaining butter, sugar, evaporated milk and marshmallows to boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 5 minutes. Add chocolate and cook until melted, stirring frequently. Pour over crust.
3. Top with nuts and coconut. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Verdict: We made a mistake somewhere in this recipe, but I’m not sure where. I think we may have added a little too much evaporated milk and more marshmallows then what the recipe called for. The end result was a bar that didn’t set properly so ended up more like pudding then fudge and was way too sweet to be edible.