I am pretty sure I found this recipe online somewhere, but I am not sure where.
- 3 lbs Yukon gold or baking potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup of olive oil or canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock (we used chicken)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer in 13×9 inch baking dish. Pour oil over them and add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the stock, toss, and bake 10 more minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, toss and bake 10-15 more minutes.
Verdict: Given the title of the recipe, I expected the garlic taste to be a lot more present in the dish. As it was, the lemon taste overpowered everything and, while I like lemon in some dishes, for me it just didn’t work here.