This is a Kraft recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups large marshmallows – about 46
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 50 Kraft caramel
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (we used cashews)
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ounce white chocolate
- Melt the butter and the marshmallows together. Add cereal and mix well. Press onto the bottom of a foil lined 13×9 inch pan (I would recommend not using the foil, it stuck to the base and made it hard to cut out the pieces).
- Melt the caramel pieces. Stir in the milk as they are melting. Pour over the base.
- Sprinkle with the nuts.
- Microwave the semi-sweet and white chocolate together. Drizzle over the nuts.
Verdict: I don’t know if we ended up using too many marshmallows by accident, but this dessert was way too sweet. It felt like we needed more cereal in the base to offset the marshmallows.