I got this recipe from the French language “24 Heurs” free newspaper.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons chives (we realized that we didn’t have any so used a mix or parsley and paprika instead)
- 1 puff pastry square
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (another ingredient we realized we didn’t have so we used honey mustard instead)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, butter and chives (or whatever seasonings you may be using instead).
- Roll out the puff pasty to .5 cm thickness. Cut into 4 triangles (two sides of each triangle need to be longer than the base, though I don’t think we did this right). Spread mustard on each triangle.
- Divide chicken and cheese evenly over each triangle. Starting from the long side of the triangle, roll up (like a croissant roll). Egg wash and bake 50 min (our needed only 30 before it was golden brown and the dough cooked through).
Verdict: This was a good recipe, but not my favourite. I am not really sure why the recipe called for butter to be added into the chicken, most of it melted out during baking and made it a little greasy to the touch.