I found this recipe in a magazine called Inspire.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Trim end of zucchini, peel and cut lengthwise in half. Scoop out the insides of the zucchini to make a trench in each half. Place zucchini halves on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle with garlic powder and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and sauté until onions are translucent. Stir in the scooped out zucchini parts, tomato, salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes then add oregano and thyme.
- Spoon mixture evenly over zucchini halves and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20 minutes.
Verdict: This was a very easy, very tasty recipe. I loved the cheese, zucchini and tomato taste, even though it seemed the piece I ate had very little onion taste.