I thought this recipe was a Kraft recipe, but I can’t seem to find it anymore. It may be I found a modified version of this Kraft recipe, which was the closest thing on the Kraft site.
- 1 brownie mix (and anything you need to make it)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare brownie mix as per package instructions. Pour batter into 9 inch round greased pie plate. Bake 30 min (we baked ours the 38 minutes as per package instructions because it wasn’t done at 30 minutes). Cool completely. Scoop out center, leaving 1/2 inch rim around edge and thin layer on bottom. Reserve pieces.
- Beat the milk and the pudding with a whisk for 2 minutes. Add the caramel sauce and stir well. Stir in Cool Whip. Spoon into crust and top with reserved brownie pieces.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Serve with more caramel sauce drizzled over.
Verdict: While someone in my family found it too sweet, I really enjoyed the recipe. Then again, we used a brownie mix we knew we liked, so the taste was pretty guaranteed in that sense. I did find that there was a bit too much filling, like the brownie to filling ratio was off.