I think I found this recipe online somewhere, but I am not sure where.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare muffin cups (we made 6 large muffins).
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add egg. Add enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture and then fold in the blueberries. Pour into prepared muffin cups.
- Mix together the remaining sugar, flour and the cinnamon. With your fingers, mix in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes (our large muffins took closer to 30).
Verdict: These muffins were very tasty and I loved the crumble topping. The muffins themselves really didn’t seem to hold together very well, like the dough was too loose. They practically all fell apart as we were removing them from the muffin tin.