I found this recipe in the French language Metro newspaper.
- 4 or 5 bunches of tagliatelle (we used 7)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup 15% cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 slices of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Beat together the egg yolks, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper (we added the chives here too instead of using it as the recommended garnish at the end).
- In a small pan, brown the shallots.
- Cook the prosciutto in a microwave for 1 minute.
- After the pasta has been drained, return to pot and mix in the egg mixture, stirring to cook the egg. Add the shallots and prosciutto and serve.
Verdict: This was a delicious pasta dish, even if I felt like we didn’t get that much sauce. It was my first attempt at cooking tagliatelle and while they turned out okay I don’t think they left me with the normal amount of leftovers I would normally like to have with a pasta dish.