I found this recipe online somewhere, though I didn’t mark down where.
- 5 to 6 ounces of spaghetti, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced (we didn’t use)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese (we used 4)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of cornstarch (we used 3)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 – 4 tablespoons Italian flavoured panko (we used 4, though we couldn’t find Italian flavoured Panko so we just added Italian seasoning to our Panko crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms (if using) and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shallots and minced garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the mushroom mixture to a bowl and return skillet to heat.
- Add all but 1/4 cup of the evaporated milk to the skillet along with the Parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce gently boils.
- Mix the remaining evaporated milk with the cornstarch then add to the sauce. Mix well then remove from heat. Season to taste.
- Add the cooked noodles, chopped chicken, peas, parsley and mushroom mixture to the sauce and mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with Panko crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 15 min.
Verdict: I found this to be a little dry as there wasn’t enough sauce to cover the noodles and chicken to my taste.