I found this recipe online somewhere, but I can’t remember where.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup of pecans or almonds, chopped.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons oil (we used butter instead)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the berries with the sugar, flour and juice. Place in the bottom of a pie plate.
- Mix together the oats, almonds, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix in the oil (or cut in the butter) until mixture has a crumbly consistency. Sprinkle over top of the berries.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Verdict: First off, this definitely had more of a blueberry crisp texture then a crumble. It didn’t hold together at all when you took a serving of it. I didn’t really like the taste that the orange juice gave the berries.