I got this recipe from a Martha Stewart cookbook.
- 2 1/2 cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 24 caramel candy cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of cashews and set aside.
- Process remaining 1 1/2 cup of cashews in a food processor until finely chopped. Pour in oil and process until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the cashew mixture, butter, brown sugar and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla. Gradually mix in flour and salt (if using) and the nuts that were set aside.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 6 minutes. Gently flatten and bake another 6. (We didn’t do this, we just baked for 12 minutes). Let cool.
- Melt the caramel candy cubes with the heavy cream in a saucepan. Let cool. Using a spoon, drizzle over cookies.
Verdict: We made a little over 3 dozen cookies. These cookies were a little crispy on the outside and a little gooey on the inside, which was an interesting combination. I’m not sure they were my favourite cookies, but they were good.