This is a Kraft recipe.
- 1 package of yellow cake mix (and everything the box says you need to make it)
- 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons icing powder (we didn’t use)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare cake batter as per instructions on box. Pour into a greased 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Beat the pudding mix, sugar, milk and orange juice with whisk for 2 minutes. Pour over the cake batter. Sprinkle with blueberries. Place baking dish on baking sheet (in case anything bubbles over, though nothing did with ours) and place in oven.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake is done. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve (we didn’t).
Verdict: This was an interesting cake. The pudding and blueberries kind of sunk to the bottom during baking so that the cake was the top layer. Still, I don’t think I was a fan of the texture of the pudding and cake together like they were after baking.