I found this recipe on another food blog.
- 1/4 cup onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Two 15 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- One 8 ounce can of Mexicorn (this is supposed to be a blend of corn and peppers, but I don’t think anything like that is sold here, so we just used corn)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- Bread bowls, if desired (we didn’t use)
- Place onion, garlic and tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add corn. Stir in the salt, pepper and cumin (if using). Stir in buttermilk, chicken and bacon. Let simmer until ready to serve.
Verdict: We did not like this soup. The raw onion and garlic that was pulsed along with the tomatoes were too overpowering to the taste. I think there should have been less than 4 cloves used, or that they should have been cooked before being pulsed.