This is a Martha Stewart recipe. (Though we just frosted ours instead of making the Brown Butter Glaze.)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (we didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, if using.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, in 3 additions.
- Divide batter in the muffin cups (we made just under 3 dozen). Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Verdict: These were some delicious and addictive cupcakes. They weren’t too dense and had just the right amount of sweetness to them. I thought they would taste a little like the batter of a chocolate chip cookie minus the chocolate chips parts, but they had a different taste to them that was just as good.