I found this recipe online.
- 2 cups dried rigatoni
- 8 ounces cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds Red McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (we used Cambozola cheese instead)
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage until lightly browned. Add apples and cook 5 minutes or until apples are slightly golden.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sausage mixture. Add the cream and the cheese.
Verdict: This was very tasty. The apples, sausages and cheese worked really well with the pasta. The only thing I wish is that the cream and cheese had made a thicker sauce. I also found that it didn’t really microwave well the next day.