I found this recipe in a Martha Stewart Cookbook.
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt (if using, we did not because we use salted butter).
- In another bowl, beat together the butter and 1 and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Mix in the eggs. Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining sugar with the cinnamon.
- Form the dough into 20 balls. Roll each one in the cinnamon mixture. Place ion baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets half way through, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Verdict: So the recipe didn’t mention anything about flattening the cookies when you put them on the baking sheet and I guess I thought they would expand in the oven. But they did not. I’ll know for next time: flatten snickerdoodles down!
I don’t think I will be making this recipe again. I found that the cookies didn’t have much of a taste. The only thing that gave them any taste was the cinnamon sugar coating.