I think I found this recipe online somewhere, but I can’t remember where.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter (we used semi salted butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of salt (we didn’t use because we use salted butter)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low hear. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Stir in the flour and salt (if using). Add the chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
Verdict: This was a good but not great recipe. I’ve had brownies that had a richer taste, which is what I like in brownies. There wasn’t enough of a chocolate flavour to them.