I found this recipe online.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch diced pieces (we used chicken breasts instead
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package of pasta of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix zest, juice, mascarpone cheese and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cook pasta, al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet and add chicken. When the chicken begins to brown add the garlic. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Add salt and pepper.
- Return pasta to pot (if oven proof, if not place in a baking dish). Stir in mascarpone, chicken and tomatoes. Loosen the sauce with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water, adding more if needed (we didn’t have to). Top with additional cheese of your choice, if desired (we used Parmesan).
- Bake 15 to 20 min or until cheese is browned.
Verdict: I tried this recipe mainly because I wanted to see what mascarpone was like. Happy to find out that it’s another new ingredient for me that I kind of like. It gave the sauce a creamy texture but it didn’t have a taste like cream cheese, which I am still not overly fond of. I kind of didn’t like the large tomatoes in this recipe and wished we had chopped them up more.