I found this recipe on another food blog. Though we used a store bought pie crust instead of making our own.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion
- 4-5 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of carrots, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Meat from one small roasted chicken, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the flour, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Slowly add milk, while whisking. Slowly add chicken stock, while still whisking. Add the onion, potatoes, carrots, corn, broccoli and chicken. Season to taste.
- Pour the pot pie mixture into a pie plate. Place pie crust on top. Cut 4 to 5 slits on top (I think we forgot this part).
- Bake 45-55 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Verdict: This was a good but not great recipe. For some reason while it baked all of the liquid evaporated, so it didn’t really feel like a pot pie while eating it.