I found this recipe on another food blog.
We change the recipe a little, to make one large pie instead of smaller pies.
- Homemade or store bought meat sauce
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (we used garlic powder)
- 1 lbs spaghetti noodles
- 1 roll French bread dough (we don’t have this here, so we used crescent roll dough, which I don’t think worked out in the same way)
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, Romano cheese, salt, pepper and garlic salt
- Break the noodles into smaller pieces (we forgot this part) and cook according to package instructions.
- Unroll the French bread dough and separate into 3 pieces. Press into bottom of springform pans. (We pressed our crescent dough together and placed on the bottom of a large oven dish.) Bake 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- In layers, place noodles, cheese mixture and meat sauce over bread. Repeat for another layer. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Romano. Bake 25-30 minutes.
Verdict: This was a very tasty dish! I wish we had remembered to cut the noodles, because the long pasta made it kind of hard to serve. I don’t think the bread base really worked, though maybe it was because we didn’t have the right kind. The meal was like a lasagna but with spaghetti as the main noodle, so I loved that!