I found this recipe online.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices of Black Forest ham
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese (we used Swiss)
- 8 teaspoons Dijon or honey mustard (we used Dijon)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place 1 chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound to an even thickness of 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of mustard on each piece. Then place 1 piece of ham and 1/4 cup of cheese on each piece of chicken. Tightly fold and roll up the chicken pieces. Secure with toothpicks.
- Coat each chicken piece in flour, dip into eggs then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add chicken and brown, covered, cooking for 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer to baking dish and cook another 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (We sprinkled more cheese on top of ours before baking.)
Verdict: This was an easy and delicious dish to make. Then again, I like chicken and cheese, so it’s a winning combination for me!