I think this is a recipe I found in the French language Metro newspaper.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or applesauce (we used applesauce)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a big bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, egg, orange juice, vanilla and apples. Mix into the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 min or until done (our needed almost an hour).
Verdict: This bread took forever to bake. It just didn’t want to be ready. Still, it was a very good bread. Normally, I’ve just had banana breads, but this apple bread had a nice taste to it, even if I thought it was a little dense.