Posts Tagged Frosting
I’ve been working my way through a book of the, supposedly, best 100 cupcake recipes, with not a lot of success. Today we tried a recipe called Gooey Coconut Chocolate Cupcakes, but since the main body of the cupcake is from a cake mix, the main thing we made was the coconut frosting, which was pretty good.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half (a guy at the grocery store told us awhile back that it’s the same as 10% cream, so we used that)
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut.
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir in brown sugar and cream until well blended and sugar is dissolved.
3. Add coconut.
4. Spread 2 tablespoons over prepared cupcakes and place under oven’s broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
Verdict: A keeper. We probably had the oven rack a little too close to the broiler and might have left it in a little long (I think it should be closer to 2 than 3 minutes) so it ended up a little crispy, but it had a good caramel and coconut taste.